[This post may contain affiliate links where we earn a small commission. Please see our disclosure for more information and thank you for supporting our site so we can continue to bring you awesome content for your travel inspiration!]
This may come as a surprise to many, and an unpopular opinion to others, but Frankfurt just doesn’t “do it” for me. It’s not that it isn’t a good city, it’s just that there are SO many other amazing, charming, and much more beautiful places in Germany to visit (in my humble opinion) However, I’ve had to stay in Frankfurt multiple times for various reasons ranging from just exploring and visiting the city to, more commonly, needing Frankfurt hotels near the airport for an ungodly early flight the next morning. Whatever the reason for your stay in the city, from Frankfurt Boutique Hotels, to hotels to Frankfurt hotels near the train station or airport, I’ll cover a wide range of budgets as well as locations and options for you to pick the best accommodation for your visit.
My Top Picks At a Glance:
If you don’t have the time to scroll or read through this whole article, no worries. Here are my absolute top picks so you can go straight to the hotel to have a look around for yourself
Luxury Hotel in Frankfurt: The Luxurious Steigenberger
Mid Range Hotel:Hotel Gerbermühle
Frankfurt Boutique Hotel: 25Hours The Goldman
Frankfurt Budget Hotels: Motel One Frankfurt Messe
Frankfurt Airport Hotels: Hilton for Convenience (literally right at the airport) but the NH Hotels Frankfurt Airport for more budget friendly
Frankfurt Hostel: Meinninger Frankfurt Hostel
Apartment Stays: Adina Hotels Use this table of contents to click on the hotel budget that best describes you to jump straight to that section
Frankfurt Luxury HotelsMy Picks For Luxury Hotels in Frankfurt At a Glance
Kempinski Hotel Frankfurt GravenbruchKempinski Hotel Frankfurt Gravenbruch is not located directly IN Frankfurt but is only a 15 minute drive and well worth it if you are looking for a luxury hotel in Frankfurt. The Kempinski Hotel Frankfurt is one of the top hotels near Frankfurt (5-star superior hotel) in a beautiful 16th century building. Close To:
- Located along the A3 Autobahn
- 13 minute drive to the FRA Airport
- Swimming pools (1 indoor, 1 outdoor)
- A Terrace, Balcony, and a smoker’s lounge
- Air Conditioning
- There are 3 restaurants on the premises offering Lebanese cuisine, a steakhouse with an Asian twist, and a German Hessian restaurant. Breakfast includes continental, American, and buffet options.
- Rooms with lake or garden view available depending on room type & availability.
Read Kempinski Hotel Reviews HereWhy I would book Kempinski Hotel Frankfurt Gravenbruch?
- Do you want to be in the Frankfurt vicinity but outside of the city center? Consider booking Kempinski Hotel Frankfurt Gravenbruch, one of the best luxury hotels in Frankfurt.
- This hotel oasis is full of nature. The grounds include a large park & private lake on property
- The spa & fitness center offerings are substantial: sauna/steam room, Turkish/steam bath, cycling, tennis court, spa lounge/relaxation area, swimming pools, personal trainer, bicycle rental, fitness & yoga classes
- Family rooms are available. They have an outdoor playground on the premises and a kids club. The suite has a kitchenette.
- The hotel is pet friendly with an additional fee.
See Current Kempinski Frankfurt Rates HereThings to consider about Kempinski Hotel Frankfurt Gravenbruch
- Parking is available on site & 15€/day
- Since this hotel is popular with return guests, book as soon as you know your dates.
- Parts of the hotel may seem dated, but remember it is a building from the 1500’s and part of the historic charm.
Roomers Hotels (Frankfurt)Close To:
- 5 Minute Walk to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhon (Train Station)
Read Roomers Frankfurt Hotel Reviews HereWhy I would book Roomers Hotels Frankfurt-Hauptbahnhof
- It’s only 5 minutes to the train station! The Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (train) station is a mere 400 feet away making it perfect for people who need to catch a train
- Public transportation is close and plentiful-The U-Bahn (subway) station is also located in the Frankfurt Haupthanhof.
- It is close to many of the top attractions and museums. Almost 20 of them are within a mile of this Frankfurt am Main hotel. (Including the Römer, Städel Museum, Goethe House, and the Main Tower.)
- If you are looking for a relaxing spa day, Roomers is the way to go! The spa offers full-body and back massages, couples massages, a steam room, Turkish/steam bath, sauna, hot tub and combinations of spa and wellness packages.
See Current Roomers Frankfurt Rates HereThings to consider about Roomers Hotels Frankfurt
- Private parking is available on-site for 38€ but there is no way to reserve spots.
- This popular Frankfurt hotel is frequented with return guests so make sure to book early.
- Consider another hotel if you are traveling with smaller kids. There aren’t many options for family style rooms.
Steigenberger Icon Frankfurter HofNote: There is also another Steigenberger Hotel Near the Airport Close To:
- Willy-Brandt-Platz Metro Station (1 station from the HBF)
- Lots of nightlife and late night options
Read Frankfurt Hof Steigenberger Icon Reviews HereWhy I would book Steigenberger Icon Frankfurter Hof
- This hotel oozes ultimate luxury. The grandiose rooms are decorated in rich fabrics and high end finishes. Make sure to look at the individual pictures under each room type.
- Connecting rooms are available for groups or families traveling together.
- The ultimate splurge, the Royal Suite, offers a private kitchen, its own Finnish sauna, extra deep spa bathtub, a living room with an electric fireplace and its own security system.
- If you are looking for a spa day, look no further. The services provided are vast and include: various massages, including couples, steam room, beauty services, traditional barber shop, Turkish steam bath and a steam room. In addition, there is a fitness center and yoga classes.
- Public transportation is readily available. The Willy-Brandt-Platz metro station is conveniently located just outside the hotel and services 6 different lines. The Hauptbahnhof train station is one stop away.
See Current Steigenberger Icon Rates HereThings to consider about Steigenberger Icon Frankfurter Hof
- The Michelin-starred fine dining Restaurant Français that was located in the hotel is now closed.
- Public parking is available on site for 25€/day. Reservations are not accepted. Valet parking is available.
Sofitel Frankfurt OperaClose To:
- Luxury Shopping (Gucci, Chanel, etc)
Read Sofitel Frankfurt Opera Reviews Here
Why I would book Sofitel Frankfurt Opera
- Location cannot be beaten as one of the top Frankfurt city center hotels! Museums and attractions are plentiful, almost 20 within walking distance. The nearby subway (Alte Oper 600 feet) and train station (Haptwache 1300 feet) can get you to other areas of town quickly. Plentiful shopping and dining is available at the nearby historic walking area of the Hauptwache. Don’t miss the Römer area!
- This hotel scored wonderful (9+) and high scores for the Frankfurt area in several categories: facilities, cleanliness, comfort, location and WiFi.
- Some spa time is a must for relaxation. Various massages, body treatments, steam room, Turkish bath and lounge area are some of the services available. If you are interested in several items, packages are offered.
See The Sofitel Opera Rates HereThings to consider about Sofitel Frankfurt Opera
- There are some services available for families. There are board games & puzzles available, as well as babysitting/child sitting services. An extra bed is available upon request. Note that children 12 and above are charged as adults at this property. Connecting rooms are available.
- The bar and restaurant have upcoming scheduled closures. Please check the details under The Fine Print section of the booking.com listing.
- Public parking is available for 41€/day and reservations are not necessary. Valet parking and electric car charging stations are available.
Mid Range Hotels in Frankfurt and Frankfurt Boutique HotelsMy Top Picks For Mid Range and Boutique Hotels in Frankfurt At a Glance
Ameron Frankfurt Neckarvillen Boutique.Close To:
- Downtown Frankfurt
Read The Frankfurt Ameron Neckarvillen Reviews HereWhy I would book Ameron Frankfurt Neckarvillen Boutique Hotel?
- Location. As one of the top Frankfurt boutique hotels, Ameron is in the heart of downtown. It is walking distance to several museums and the Römerberg. It is 1000 feet from the subway and 1500 feet from the Hauptbahnhof train station. The neighborhood is in a lively area with bars, clubs & global eateries. If theater is your thing, go watch a show at the English Theatre.
- The hotel is in a charming, historic building
- You have options of a quiet street view, city view, or an inner courtyard view.
- As a guest, you can use the Ameron Spa
- Their highly rated breakfast includes a choice of the buffet or you may order from the breakfast menu.
See The Ameron Neckarvillen Rates HereThings to consider about Ameron Frankfurt Neckarvillen Boutique Hotel
- Make sure to look at room types. Some offer breakfast included with a discount. Without pre-booking, breakfast is $32/person.
- Parking is not available on the premises
- The sauna is for private use but must be booked ahead of time. Make sure to plan ahead if you’d like to use it.
- While the hotel is in a group of historical buildings, it could be difficult to navigate the maze of hallways. There is signage to help you out.
- As a historic building, there is no elevator at the main entrance. There is an elevator available at a secondary entrance.
25hours Hotel- The Goldman (Apart of Design Hotels-Frankfurt)Close To:
- In the Ostend Neighborhood
- Frankfurt Zoo
- Lots of restaurants, bars, and music venues
- Frankfurt Ostbahnhof
- The Goldman Design Hotel Frankfurt is not your run of the mill hotel chain experience – it is designed by local artists – each room is individually decorated. Make sure to scroll down to the room types & click the links to take a look.
- If you want to be in a hotel in Frankfurt but not in the middle, this is an excellent choice. The Ostend neighborhood gets you out of the city center, but still in Frankfurt proper.
- The room mini bar is free with your stay. It has a variety of drinks and snacks.
- Close and plentiful transportation options: 5-minute walk from Frankfurt Ost train station – 950 feet from train station, 1450 feet from the Ubahn, tram 11 stop located close by.
- No parking on the premises. Street & public garage parking nearby.
Gerbermühle HotelClose To:
- The Main River (great views)
- Osthafenbrücke which leads into the Ostend Neighborhodd
Read The Gerbermühle Reviews HereWhy I would book Gerbermühle
- This boutique hotel in Frankfurt Germany, is located within the city but in a large park next to the Main River. The views are beautiful.
- Free on-site parking – this is not the norm in Frankfurt!
- Enjoy a relaxing drink or meal in the Biergarten on the river- the unique bar is one to not miss. The exposed stone walls of the former mill are part of the ambiance.
See The Gerbermühle Rates HereThings to consider about Gerbermühle
- There are only 19 rooms at this property, so book as soon as you can.
- The hotel is on the outskirts of the city but the Buchrainstraße tram stop is walking distance from the hotel as well as numerous bus stops and is only about a 10 minute drive to many of the main sites in Frankfurt
Best Western Airport Hotel
- FRA Airport- 1 Sbahn station away
Read The Best Western Reviews HereWhy I would book Best Western Hotel Frankfurt Airport
- The mix of price point, size of apartments, use of own kitchen, and location of public transportation make this one of the top hotels around Frankfurt airport.
- The Best Western Hotel Airport Frankfurt rates wonderful, 9+, for facilities, cleanliness, and comfort; among the highest in this article of best Frankfurt hotels.
- If you need luggage storage before or after check in, it is available.
- If you are interested in breakfast, make sure to check out the options to add breakfast to your reservation for a discount.
See The Best Western Rates HereThings to consider about Best Western Hotel Frankfurt Airport
- This may not be a good option for families. There are no cribs or extra beds available as additions.
- A parking garage is available on the premises for an additional charge and a reservation is not necessary.
Adina Hotels FrankfurtClose To:
- City Center
- These apartment style hotel rooms offer roomy accommodations at an excellent price. This is a great option for families.
- All rooms come with a kitchenette or full kitchen. Some rooms have a dishwasher in the kitchen.
- Premium rooms have access to the private rooftop terrace with great views of the city.
- Some rooms come with a clothing washer & dryer.
- As the Adina is one of the Frankfurt city center hotels, there is a metro station 950 feet away and connects to 5 different lines. The Hauptbahnhof is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel (or about 5 minutes to the Ubahn that takes you to the HBF)
See The Adina Apartment Rates HereThings to consider about Adina Hotels Frankfurt
- There is a 150€ deposit that will be collected at check in by credit card and a refund will be issued at check out.
- While all rooms have a kitchen or kitchenette, not all rooms come with a coffee maker or kettle.
- Private parking is not available on the premises, but at a location nearby. It is 29€/day and does not take reservations.
Budget Hotels in FrankfurtMy Top Picks For Mid Range and Boutique Hotels in Frankfurt At a Glance Oddly enough, many of the best cheap hotels in Frankfurt tend to be around the airport instead of in the actual city center. Luckily, you can still stay by the airport and be to city center by public transportation in less than 15 minutes so it actually still makes for a great location if you are needing something a little more affordable.
Ibis Hotels Frankfurt-AirportClose To:
- FRA Airport
Read The Ibis Frankfurt Airport Hotel Reviews HereWhy I would book Ibis Frankfurt Airport?
- The Ibis brand is typically a good budget option
- Good price for Frankfurt airport hotels nearby.
- It is a convenient location for public transportation. It is near the Kelsterbach S-Bahn (city rail) which will take you to downtown Frankfurt.
- Airport pick up is free of charge from Terminal 1. There is an airport shuttle bus from the hotel to the airport for 4€.
- Parking is cheaper than most in Frankfurt (10€/night). Reservations are recommended.
- Early breakfast is available starting at 0600. Drinks and snacks are available throughout the day in the bar (open 24 hours)
See The Adina Apartment Rates HereThings to consider about Ibis Hotel-Frankfurt Airport
- The Ibis is one of the cheap Frankfurt airport hotels. It is no frills without any bells and whistles but keeps costs down.
NH Hotels Frankfurt- AirportClose To:
- FRA Airport
Read NH Frankfurt Airport Hotel Reviews HereWhy I would book NH Hotels Frankfurt – Airport
- If you need a place to park your car and forget about it, there is a free parking promotion, as well as a free parking combo with free breakfast promotion.
- For those that are traveling, the NH Hotels by Frankfurt airport offers a special Park, Sleep, & Fly Promo with parking for 8, 15, or 22 days.
- This NH Hotels Frankfurt location offers free shuttle service from airport to hotel, 3€ from hotel to airport, currently runs from 0500-2330 (check for the most to date info & schedule)
See Current Prices For The NH Frankfurt Airport HotelThings to consider about NH Hotels Frankfurt – Airport
- The restaurant closes for a bit of time in the late afternoon, but the bar by reception is open with drinks and snacks 24 hours a day.
- While larger suites are available, the maximum capacity is 3 occupants. This may not be an option for larger families with young kids.
- The hotel notes that rooms are soundproof, but expect a little noise due to the location near the airport.
Motel One Frankfurt MesseClose To:
- Europa Allee (The central part of the new and upcoming Europaviertels (neighborhood) )
- Messe Frankfurt Exhibition Center
- 10 minutes to the HBF
- Location can’t be beat. The hotel is just over half a mile from the Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof. There is also a bus stop directly in front of the hotel.
- There are several cafes and restaurants in the area all within a 5 minute walk.
- There are nearly 20 museums and sites less than a mile away from the hotel.
- The Motel One Messe rates wonderful (9+) for staff, cleanliness and location.
See Current Prices For The Motel One (Frankfurt Messe)Things to consider about Motel One Frankfurt Messe
- Private parking is available for 18€/day and reservations are not available.
- There is a charge for an extra bed for children. Rooms tend to be on the smaller side and it may be best to book 2 rooms depending on family size.
Best Hotels Near the Frankfurt Airport (Flughafen)Several of the hotels near Frankfurt airport have already been listed above. Be sure to scroll back up to re-read their information and review
Frankfurt Airport Hotel HiltonWhile they come with a decent price tag, I LOVE staying at the Hiltons at airports (the one at the Munich Airport is equally as fantastic!) There have been many flights that have simply just left too early for us to get to the airport on time from our current location, so spending the night basically AT the airport couldn’t be any easier. PLUS, at the Hotel Hilton, there is even a wonderful spa included to help relax you before your big flights. There are actually TWO Frankfurt Airport Hotel Hiltons! (Hilton Frankfurt Airport and Hilton Garden Inn). They are both located in the futuristic building called, “The Squaire” which is located directly opposite of the airport. The Squaire is connected to Frankfurt Airport via a pedestrian bridge, making it incredibly fast and easy to just scoot on over before your flight. The hotel provides A/C, a 24 hour front desk, a fitness center, WiFi and coffee & tea facilities.
Read Frankfurt Hilton Airport Reviews Here and The Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport Reviews HereWhy I would book Frankfurt Airport Hotel Hilton
- The hotel is located in the Squaire building at the Frankfurt Airport. If you want a convenient hotel connected to the airport, this is it.
- Great option for families – the family room has 2 connecting rooms.
- The S-Bahn is below the hotel and will take you to downtown Frankfurt. The high speed (ICE) train station is also here and takes you to other cities within Germany or international locations.
- The spa and fitness center are included with your stay. The spa has a sauna and steam room.
- There is a restaurant and bar available. The restaurant has a panoramic view. In addition, there are restaurants in the airport that are accessible.
See Current Prices For Frankfurt Hilton Airport Here and The Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport Here
Things to consider about Frankfurt Airport Hotel Hilton
- You will be paying a premium price for the convenience of staying at the airport.
- If you are interested in breakfast (Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Buffet) consider booking with your reservation as you’ll get a discount.
- There is a parking garage available for 34€/day.
Best Western Frankfurt Airport Hotel
- Click Here To Automatically Scroll Up To Best Western Section
- Time to Airport: 15-20 minutes
- 24 Hour Airport Shuttle: Takes approximately 15 minutes. Need to book at least 48 hours in advance
- Multiple Public Transportation Options to get to the airport- all typically with about a 5 minute walk to the bus or Sbahn and then a 10 minute ride to the airport)
- Booking Score: 8.5
- See the Best Western Frankfurt Airport Hotel Here
Ibis Hotel Frankfurt Airport
- Click Here To Automatically Scroll Up To Ibis Airport Section
- Time to Airport: 10 minute drive/ 30 minutes by public transportation
- Book the Ibisi Airport shuttle at an extra cost to go door to door
- Booking Score: 8.1
- See the Ibis Frankfurt Hotel Here
NH Hotels Frankfurt Airport
- Click Here to Automatically Scroll Up to NH Airport Hotel
- Time to Airport: 5 minute drive/ 15 minutes by public transportation
- FREE Airport Shuttle: Runs every half hour from 5am-10:30pm to the airport and from 5am-10:45 from the airport. NH Bus Number 1. No reservations required
- Booking Score: 8.1
- See the NH Frankfurt Airport Hotel Here
Best Frankfurt Hotels Near Train StationJust a note that there is a train station at the Frankfurt airport, but there is also the Hauptbahnhof (the main train station) in town as well. The hotels in this section are specifically for Frankfurt hotels near the Hauptbahnhof
- Click Here To Automatically Scroll Up To Roomers Section
- Time to Frankfurt HBF: 5 minutes by car or walking
- Booking Score: 8.4
- See the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof Roomers Hotel Here
Ameron Frankfurt Neckarvillen Boutique
- Click Here To Automatically Scroll Up To Ameron Section
- Time to Frankfurt HBF: 5 minutes by car, walking, or 3 minute walk to public transportation
- Booking Score: 8.6
- See the Ameron Frankfurt Hotel Here
Best Hostels in FrankfurtThere are only a small handful of hostels in Frankfurt. You can see the full list here with their prices and ratings.
Meinninger Frankfurt/Main Airport
- FRA Airport
- 15 minutes to the HBF
Read Meinninger Frankfurt Hostel Reviews HereWhy I would book the Meinninger Frankfurt Airport Hostel:
- Fantastic location for the airport (including a shuttle to/from)
- Very clean
- Bar and Pool Table for use
- Blackout curtains and soundproofing rooms so you can’t hear the planes very much
- Great staff